Agriculture occupies a vital role in the economic development of the district. Through department and NGOs it provides many direct and indirect employment to the people of the district.
The Main Objectives of Agriculture Department:
- To increase the production and productivity of Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds by organizing Farmers Training, Farm School, Demonstration, Field Day, Exposure Visit of Farmers and Field Functionaries of Agriculture Department.
- To enhancement of irrigation potentiality through Jalanidhi Yojana.
- Management of pest through pest surveillance and IPM practices.
- Emphasis on Farm Mechanization to minimize the labour problems.
- Popularization of Soil Health Analysis.
- Extension of area under DCP and Mixed Cropping in on bunded uplands.
- To adopt multiple cropping systems by utilizing residual moisture.
Types of crops cultivated:
Mostly Cereals, Pulses, Oilseeds, Vegetables, Fibre Crops and Spices are cultivated in Mayurbhanj district.
Address of the Head of the office:
Deputy Director of Agriculture,
Mayurbhanj Range, Baripada
At/P.O.: Takatpur, District: Mayurbhanj,
PIN – 757003,